(Looking for the 2017 Calendar? Try here: http://utahhorseshoes.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html)
Leave your mark in St George!We need your Help to get lights at the courts.
Although the coming World Horseshoe Tournament, July 17-29, 2017 is held indoors at the Dixie Convention Center during the daytime, in the evening hours at the City of St. George's outdoor horseshoe pitching courts, the Southern Utah Horseshoe Pitching Association (SUHPA) and our St. George Horseshoe Pitching Club (SGHPC) plan to host special events including exciting pitching tournaments and fun pitching games for both World Tournament entrants and community members as well as and practice sessions for everyone.
We hope to make the City’s new world-class horseshoe pitching facility more attractive and make horseshoe pitching a greater draw and a more satisfying sport activity for everyone in our community, for visitors, and especially for the World Horseshoe Tournament pitchers and their families. To achieve our goal, we invite YOU to sponsor a commemorative (engraved) brick that may last forever at these new courts.
The total cost of installing lights and poles at the new courts is $35,000. The Washington County Sports and Outdoor Recreation Committee and the County Commissioners have already committed $20,000 to the project. The City of St. George will donate $5,000 worth of labor from the City Parks Staff while the Club has been asked to raise $10,000 with a fundraising drive by December 31, 2016 (really soon, so don't delay).
- You can honor a special someone like: a spouse or parents, grandchildren, grandparents, servicemen and servicewomen, etc.
- You can commemorate an event like: a birthday, anniversary, graduation, a special achievement in horseshoe tournaments, hall of fame induction, etc.
- Even a business or club can get a brick as a means of promotion.
- Sponsored bricks will be centrally located on each court at the 20' line.
- Each 4”x 8” brick costs $100 and can have up to 3 lines of text, each line can have 18 characters including punctuation.
GOAL: 120 Bricks
If you prefer, you may Print and mail in your Paper Brick Sponsoring Form with a check or cash.